Matthews’ Drop on Demand (DOD) inkjet printers are suitable for many different large character applications, including packaging and industrial, as well as the harshest environments. Our DOD inkjet systems feature the longest life and most reliable print head in the industry. The exclusive micro-valve technology dramatically lowers ink consumption while maintaining impressive quality and speed. Our robust 8000+ series print heads produce a high-resolution mark by overlapping a series of smaller dots, allowing for a range in character height of 3/32” to 5”. Simple to operate and with minimal maintenance, our DOD ink jet systems typically have lower capital and operational costs than other inkjet technologies.
- Longest most reliable print head in the industry – over 6 billion firings per head
- Fastest in the industry with speeds up to 800 fpm
- Food grade, Fast Dry and Pigmented ink formulas available
- Performs well with high-temperature environments and substrates
- Exclusive micro-valve technology dramatically lowers ink consumption while maintaining quality
Matthews offers many options when it comes to ink and ink delivery systems for large character drop on demand systems. For low-volume users, there is a compact, 1-liter ink supply unit. For larger-volume users, we offer 4-liter, 5-gallon, and 55-gallon large capacity ink supply systems. For pigmented applications, a recirculating ink supply keeps ink pigments from settling.
Powered by the MPERIA™ platform the VIAjet™ V-Series features Matthews’ DOD valve jet ink jet technology that marks on porous and non-porous substrates including metal, paper and pulp, wood, concrete, and plastic.