Standalone Scan & Print – No PC Required!
Scan and Print is a common application on the manufacturing floor. It typically involves a barcode scanner, PC, and printer. However, by removing the PC the solution becomes very mobile, easy to maintain, and more cost-effective. This is exactly what our Standalone Scan and Print has done. By using a custom ZBI program, we are able to directly connect the Zebra label printer with a hand scanner. It is a clean and simple solution that many of our customers are using to date. Check out the many benefits below!
- Zebra Label Printer with Hand Scanner and Custom ZBI Program.
- Many potential applications including match code, simple stand-alone data entry or data lookup on resident data table or remote database.
- Mainly aimed at manufacturing where maintaining a full desktop PC is not required and not desirable.
- Can be used with a cart for a mobile label printing station.
- Ultra-reliable, cost-effective and flexible.
- More than one application can be saved on the printer and called up as needed.
- No Windows updates or security patches.
- No network cabling required.
- Can be combined with a Zebra battery base, so no power required.
- Simple barcode menus can be used to eliminate the need for key entry.
- Can be used in combination with Zebra’s KDU for applications with key entry requirements.
- No IT involvement needed to install or maintain.
- Real-time data and time kept on the printer.